Building blocks of OOP Concepts
The OOP programming depends on four main properties.
2. Data Abstraction
Application of OOP Concept
The most popular application of an object oriented programming, up to now, has been in the area of user interface Designs such as windows. There are hundreds of windows using book systems developed using OOP techniques.
•The real Time Systems
•Simulation and modeling
•Hyper text, hypermedia and export-text
•AI and export system
•Natural Networks and parallel programming
•Decision support and Office Automation Systems
Advantage of OOP Concept
The principal advantages of OOP are:
1. Through inheritance, we can eliminate redundant code and extended the use of existing classes.
2. We can build program from the standard working modules that communicate with one another, neither then having to start writing the code from scratch. This leads to saving of development time and higher productivity.
3. The principal of data help the programmer to build secure programs that cannot be invaded by code in other parts of the program.
4. It possible to have multiple instance of an object to co-exist without any interface.
5. It is possible to map object in the problem domain to those objects in the program.
6. It is easy to partition the work in a project best on object.
7. The data-centered design approach enables us to capture more details of model in implement able from.
8. Object-oriented systems can be easily upgraded to small to large systems.
9. Message passing techniques for communication between objects makes the interface description width external systems much simpler.
10. Software complexity can be easily managed.
While it is possible to incorporate all these features in an object oriented system, their importance depend on the type of the project and the preference of the programmer. There are a number of issues brought that need to be tracked to reap some of the benefits stated above. For instance, object libraries may be supported quickly. Strict controls and protocols need to be developed if reuse is not to be compromised. Developing software is easy to you what makes it hard to his built. It is hoped his that the object oriented programming tools would help manage this problem.
An object oriented program consists of a set of objects that communicate with each other. The process of programming is an object oriented language therefore involves the owning basic steps.
1. Creating classes that define objects and their behavior.
2. Creating objects from class definitions.
3. Establishing communication among objects
Objects communicate with one another by sending and receiving information watching the same way as people pass message to one another. The concept of masses passing makes it easier to talk about billing systems that directly model or simulate their real word counterparts. the masses for an object is a request for execution of a procedure, and therefore will invoke a function (procedure) in the receiving object that generates the desired result. Message passing involves the specifying the name of the object, the name of the function and the information to be sent.
Binding refers to the linking of a procedure call to the code associated with a given procedure call is not known until the time of the call at run-time. It is associated with polymorphism and Inheritance. A function call associated with a polymorphic reference depends if on the dynamic type of the reference.